Recently, there has been a lot of confusion as to whether or not we can all get back out shooting. Thankfully BASC has recently released a statement, which is an update to their Coronavirus pest control advice.
You can read the full BASC article below or on their website here; BASC updates Coronavirus pest control advice
BASC has updated its advice for shooting, work on shoots and pest control in England – but not in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – following the government’s latest changes to the regulations for fighting COVID 19.
This advice has been formed after discussions with the government and has been submitted to Defra for confirmation.
In a nutshell, in line with the PM's statement, from Wednesday 13th May deer stalking, pest control, conservation and seasonal work on game shoots are possible so long as they meet the requirements below;
- You may carry out these activities with those from your household group and /or one person who is not from your household group
- You may travel any distance in England with people from your household group to engage in these activities but the person who is not from your household group may not travel in the same vehicle as you do
- You must observe the rules on social distancing at all times
- You must have the permission of the landowner before engaging in any shooting or shooting related work on their land.
- Any pest control must conform to the law and the general licences.
- Deer management must be conducted according to the law. Roebucks are currently in season and Muntjac may be managed at any time of the year.
- Before shooting any quarry species you should consider how the meat will be put into the food chain.
There have been issues with different police forces interpreting the government’s rules in different ways. If in any doubt about how your local police will react you should contact the police before shooting, inform them that you are planning your activities within the current regulations and obtain the reference number for the call. You should also carry your certificate with you in case you are challenged by the police.
Are you looking to gear-up with the best selling Night Hunting equipment on the market now you can get back out? Luckily you're in the right place, make sure to have a browse on our site, we have a huge amount of stock on the latest Hunting Lights, Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, Trail Camera's and more!
Why choose Night Master?
- Price Match Guarantee
- HUGE amount of items in stock
- 5 STAR 'Excellent' Trust Pilot rating
- 0% finance on UK orders over £275
- FREE UK Next Day deliveries on orders over £30
- Incredible after service and customer product support
- Speak to someone who uses the gear for honest advice (Mon-Fri, 9:00AM-5:30PM)
Struggling to decide? Speak to someone who uses the gear, call us on 01535 610066 or 01535 611688 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you the best advice on what we have to suit your needs.
We're still dispatching as normal, order before 2:00PM for same day dispatch on in stock items.
The Night Master team.